The Kansas City Southwest Clinical Society (KCSWCS), founded in 1923, is thought to be one of the oldest postgraduate medical education organizations west of the Mississippi. We began when there were no medical schools in Kansas City. Today, our activities are devoted entirely to continuing medical education. We are completely independent and have no affiliation with any area medical schools or hospitals. Our members are physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants from different specialties, practice settings and medical affiliations.